I have been meaning to publish something like this for a while. WithChik-Fil-A’s HUGE scandal with their President coming out against Gay Marriage, and Boston’s refusal to let them build there, it needs to be posted.
I of course referenced Wikipedia.org who has a HUGE list of ALL major Boycotts. I could include them as well but it’s better for others to research on their own as we all have varying opinions.
Here are the main Boycotts to diss the same-sex haters and L-O-V-E one another in the LGBT community.
Gay and lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered boycotts
- Against Target Corporation – for donating to conservative PAC Minnesota Forward, a group which supported anti-gay marriage candidate Tom Emmer during the Minnesota gubernatorial campaign in 2010.Lady Gaga stopped doing business with Target because of the effects that she says its political activism has had on the LGBT community. Target in turn is now suing the gay rights group Canvass for a Cause, for demonstrating outside its stores (in San Diego County, California) which Target asserts is interfering with business.
- Against Best Buy – For donating campaign money to Tom Emmer.
- Against Chick-fil-A – For their company making charitable contributions through their Winshape Foundation to organizations that actively oppose same-sex marriage initiatives across the United States, sparked by one of their restaurants catering a marriage seminar held by the notoriously anti-gay Pennsylvania Family Institute.
- Against Heinz – The gay rights group, Stonewall, has urged supporters to stop buying Heinz products, after the company pulled a commercial of two men kissing.
- Against The Salvation Army – Gay rights groups are asking people to boycott the Salvation Army’s red kettles and thrift stores, because of the organization’s stance against homosexuality.
- Tourism/Business with Rushville, Illinois or Schuyler County, Illinois. Don Schieferdecker, county sheriff, made anti-gay and anti-semetic remarks on Facebook and refuses to resign.
- Tourism/Business with Utah, especially Salt Lake City, Utah. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints donated money to push Prop 8 through in California, so gays and lesbians wouldn’t be allowed to marry.
If you would like to read more on Boycotts from Wikipedia.Org please go here;