I am a total geek girl. I admit I have collected comics, own a phone, tablet and laptop, love learning back end computer stuff and write in code. It’s a dirty secret I have come to terms with. That’s why when this dropped into my inbox I became obsessed.
This little joy is the Pocket Monkey. Designed by a mechanical engineer, Nate Barr this baby has everything you need in a utility tool:
• Bottle Opener: No need to carry around a bulky, keychain bottle opener.
• Phone Kickstand: Interact with only one hand and keep your phone at a comfortable working angle.
• Flat head screwdriver: Perfect for simple projects when a standard screwdriver isn’t available.
• Micro-flathead screwdriver: Perfect for eyeglasses, watches, kids’ toys and keyless vehicle dongles.
• Two-dimensional Phillips head screwdriver: No need for cross beam with the special angled tip.
• Nested English hex wrenches with four bolt sizes: Just slide Pocket Monkey over a bolt head and slide until you find the right size. Quick and easy.
• English Ruler: What’s the difference between 3/16 and 1/4 of an inch? Find out quickly.
• Letter opener: Make quick work of your mail pile!
• Edge to open door latches: Locked your keys inside your house? If the deadbolt’s not in place, this latch slip opens locked doors without protective edging or specialty latches.
• Straight Edge: Use Pocket Monkey to help you draw a perfect straight line. Or, it can even be used a scraper.
• Orange peeler and banana nicker: Get your fruit open quickly and conveniently, without getting your fingernails messy.
YES, I have used them all. I had to TRY the product to make sure I have a reason to get excited. Once I did I got one for my dad who is a who works in Silicon Valley and my roommate ordered one. Now it’s a staple in my purse.
What makes it different from EVERY other uitli-tool? Well, the original Kickstarter.com amount was $2,000. It raised a whopping $27,550. The pocket Monkey is also lightweight and fits in your wallet or purse sans the bulk you get from so many utili-tools out there.
I am sick of something weighing two pounds in my pocket when I am working around the house, on the car, or am out and about. It’s TSA compliant so leave it in your wallet. You don’t have to worry about them stealing your precious Pocket Monkey from you.
Are you sold yet? Good. Go get yourself a Pocket Monkey here;
Best part? It costs a whole $12!!
Check out the original Kickstarter video below.